Please do the following steps in refilling Canon BCI-21 Color Ink Cartridge. Canon BCI-21 is a sponged color ink cartridge and therefore, it has to be refilled with a needle from the holes located on the top and under vacuum in a vacuum chamber. Due to the sponge inside the cartridge, it is crucial that the air should be removed prior to refilling and then the ink can be filled. Otherwise, we cannot refill the original ink volume.
As this cartridge does not have print head and it is only a canister, we skip cleaning and waste removal steps. In other words, this is only a plastic box and the print head is fixed inside the printer.
1. Turn the cartridge upside down and you will see the ink outlet.
2. Put the cartridge into the vacuum chamber.
3. Insert the refill needles through the ink outlets.
4. Start the vacuum compressor and remove the air inside the chamber. Then, refill 4 ml of each color ink.
5. Remove the needles and take the cartridge out of the vacuum chamber.
6. Due to the orange plastic part closing the outlet hole, it is not necessary to seal with blue tape as we do for the cartridges with joint print heads.
7. Eventually, put your refill cartridge in a plastic bag and seal it. If you have a vacuum and seal machine, it would be better to pack the cartridge in this way as it will look as OEM cartridge.